US Citizenship and Immigration Services announced more details today regarding the Deferred Action for Young People process.
Application forms will be made available through USCIS on August 15, 2012. Any petition filed prior to that date seeking deferred action under the new policy will be rejected.
The total filing fee for the process will be $465. This will include the cost for the application for a employment authorization document.
To be eligible, applicants must:
1. Have been born after June 15, 1981;
2. Arrived in the United States before the age of 16;
3. Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007 up to the present time;
4. Been present in the United States on June 15, 2012;
5. Entered the United States without inspection before June 15, 2012 or had lawful immigration status that was expired as of June 15, 2012;
6. Be currently in school, graduated or received a certificate of completion from high school, obtained a general eductional development certificate (GED) or be an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or US Armed Forces,
7. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety; and
8. Be at least 15 years of age at the time of filing, if they have never been in removal proceedings or if their case was terminated before your request.