Jamie B. Hernan | Attorney at Law
Birthplace: Sandy Springs, Georgia
Licensed to Practice Law in: Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee
J.D. – Duke Law School (Durham, NC)
B.B.A. – University of Georgia (Athens, GA)
B.A. – Auburn University (Auburn, AL)
Jamie Hernan has spent his career representing thousands of individuals and companies, helping them face complex legal issues head on, offering solutions and providing results. His career has taken him from a large, internationally renowned firm to building from scratch with two partners a firm into a strong medium sized firm that is the dominant player in its niche market to where he is today as a solo practitioner, finally able to focus purely on the practice of law without all of the distractions that come from managing a larger firm. Jamie is able to focus on you, his client, and he works hard to develop long term relationships built on a strong foundation of trust. After all, that is what most clients want – the focused attention of their attorney. And, of course, they want accessibility. Clients of Jamie have his personal cell phone number and know they can reach him whenever they need him.
After obtaining degrees from the University of Georgia in 1995 and Auburn University in 1996, Jamie graduated from Duke Law School in 2000. He is licensed to practice law in Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee.
Jamie believes strongly in the need to protect individual civil rights and the Constitution from legislative dilution, having advocated for years against unconstitutional local ordinances and state and federal legislation. He has served as the advocacy chair of the Atlanta chapter of AILA, a member of the legal committee of a major civil rights organization, board member to various grass roots organizations and as a member of the State Bar of Georgia’s Access to Justice committee.
Example of Awards and Recognitions
- Received the Excellence in Legal Service Award from a national legal defense and education organization while at his former firm
- Awarded the Pro Bono Attorneys Award from a national civil rights organization while at his former firm
- Guest on local television and radio shows discussing legal topics
- Panel Participant in a legal forum in Los Angeles, California for the National Restaurant Association
- Nominated as a finalist for Person of the Year by a local newspaper in Metro Atlanta