Lyft Accident Lawyer Alpharetta, GA
If you have been injured in a Lyft accident, you may want to get in touch with a Lyft accident lawyer Alpharetta, GA residents trust. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. A lawyer can help you bring a claim against the negligent party.
Common Causes of Lyft Accidents
Lyft is a popular rideshare service that has made it easier to get around. Unfortunately, however, the increase of Lyft vehicles on the road has also increased accidents. Lyft accidents can result in many types of injuries, including broken bones, whiplash and head injuries. Here are the most common causes of Lyft accidents.
- Driver fatigue. The more passengers Lyft drivers pick up, the more money they ultimately make. Some drivers may stay on the road for many hours to make ends meet. However, driving for long periods of time can get tiring after a while. Lyft drivers who are fatigued may have trouble focusing on the road ahead and cause an accident.
- Speeding. Speeding is dangerous for all drivers, including Lyft drivers. Driving over the speed limit can lower your reaction time and cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Some Lyft drivers, though, speed to get their passengers to their destinations on time so that they can pick up more rides and make more money.
- Distracted driving. Lyft drivers are especially vulnerable to distractions, such as talking on a smartphone and checking their GPS. They may also talk to their passengers. All of these distractions can take their eyes and attention off the road, increasing the risk of a collision.
- Failure to obey traffic laws. As an Alpharetta Lyft accident lawyer can confirm, Lyft accidents can also result from failure to obey traffic laws. Just like other drivers, Lyft drivers are expected to follow all traffic laws, including stopping at red lights and using the proper turn signals. If they do not do this, they are more likely to get into a collision.
- Unfamiliar areas. Lyft drivers have to pick up passengers in many different areas. Some of these areas may be unfamiliar to Lyft drivers. As a result, they might make a wrong turn and increase the risk of an accident.
- Inadequate maintenance. Although Lyft drivers are expected to maintain their vehicles, not all of them do. Failure to properly maintain a vehicle is one of the most common causes of Lyft accidents. For example, drivers who neglect to fix failing brakes may not be able to stop in time.
- Drunk driving. The risks of drunk driving are well known. Unfortunately, however, some Lyft drivers choose to get behind the wheel drunk. This puts their passengers and everyone on the road at risk. Alcohol can affect a driver’s judgment, reaction time and vision, increasing the chances of an accident.
If you were in a Lyft accident, you should schedule a consultation with an Alpharetta Lyft accident lawyer from Hernan Law Firm today.