Car Accident Lawyer Alpharetta, GA
If you’ve been hurt in a car crash, you may want to speak with a car accident lawyer Alpharetta, GA residents trust. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and other damages. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim against the negligent party.
How Speeding Can Cause a Car Accident
Speeding is one of the most common causes of car accidents in Georgia. It’s a very dangerous practice, yet some drivers still choose to drive above the speed limit. Here are a few ways speeding can cause a car accident.
- Speeding decreases stopping time. If you drive above the speed limit, you may not have enough time to stop and avoid hazards. For example, if you’re driving very fast, you may be more likely to crash into oncoming vehicles or debris on the road.
- Speeding can make you lose control. When you’re behind the wheel of a vehicle, it’s important to have complete control at all times. However, if you’re speeding, you may lose some of your control. You may be more likely to get into a rollover accident.
- Speeding can cause safety features to not function properly. Driving above the speed limit can also have a negative effect on your car’s safety features. For example, your airbags might not work correctly if you’re traveling at a very high speed.
- Speeding can cause serious injuries. As an Alpharetta car accident lawyer can confirm, the faster you are driving, the more serious injuries you can cause during an accident. For example, you may be more likely to hit your head on the steering wheel or other object and sustain a brain injury. You can also suffer whiplash, spinal cord injuries or broken bones.
Steps to Take If You Were Injured in a Speeding Accident
If you sustained injuries during a speeding accident, it’s important to know what to do next.
- Contact the police. After an accident, police officers may come to the scene and file a report. The report may include important information about the car accident, such as where and when the accident occurred and the names of everyone involved. This report can serve as evidence for your case, so remember to get a copy.
- Take photos of the accident scene. Photos are one of the best pieces of evidence you can have for your car accident claim. As such, take photos of the accident scene, including the vehicles involved in the crash, skid marks on the road and traffic signs.
- Seek medical care. Speeding car crashes can result in severe injuries, so don’t delay medical care. A doctor should properly diagnose your injuries and then advise on the proper treatment.
- Consult a lawyer. Car accident claims can be quite complex, so it’s wise to have an experienced lawyer on your side. He or she will know the true value of your case and fight for a fair settlement.
Schedule a consultation with an Alpharetta car accident lawyer from Hernan Law Firm.