Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you may want to speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Sandy Springs, CA about your legal options. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your loss. An attorney from Hernan Law Firm can help you bring a claim against the negligent party.
Common Motorcycle Accident Myths
Motorcyclists who were injured in an accident caused by another motorist have the right to pursue a personal injury claim. However, they may believe certain untruths that make them hesitant to file a claim. Here are some common motorcycle accidents myths that you shouldn’t believe.
- If you think you will crash, lay your motorcycle down. This is actually one of the worst things you can do before an accident. It’s actually best to stay on your motorcycle for as long as possible and try to slow your motorcycle down. The slower your motorcycle is going, the less severe your injuries will be.
- Other drivers will always see you. Unfortunately, this is false. A motorcycle is much smaller than a standard vehicle, so sometimes drivers don’t see motorcyclists. To reduce your chances of getting into an accident, stay out of other vehicles’ blind spots, ride defensively and wear bright clothes.
- Motorcyclists are frequently to blame in accidents. This couldn’t be further from the truth. As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Sandy Springs, GA can confirm, drivers of passenger vehicles are actually frequently at-fault in accidents. These drivers may not see motorcyclists, drive above the speed limit or get distracted.
- Helmets don’t do anything. While helmets might not prevent you from getting into an accident, they can reduce your risk of suffering a severe head injury in the event of a crash. That’s why you should always put on a helmet before getting on your bike.
- Riding on city streets is safer than riding on the highway. Believe it or not, motorcyclists are actually more likely to get into an accident on city streets. They have to deal with more intersections where motorists may have trouble seeing motorcyclists.
- Hiring a lawyer is too expensive. Some accident victims shy away from hiring a lawyer because they don’t think they can afford one. However, personal injury lawyers usually work on a contingency fee, meaning they only charge a fee if you win your case.
Schedule a consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Sandy Springs, CA from Hernan Law Firm today to discuss your case.