Truck Accident Lawyer Alpharetta, GA
If you were recently injured in a truck accident, you may want to discuss your case with a truck accident lawyer Alpharetta, GA residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim and stand up for your rights.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in a Truck Accident Claim
If you sustained injuries in a truck accident caused by a truck driver, you have the right to seek compensation. Here are some common mistakes to avoid in a truck accident claim.
- Delaying medical treatment. Commercial trucks are huge vehicles, so they are more likely to cause severe injuries, such as burns, head injuries and amputations, in accidents. As such, it’s critical to seek emergency medical care promptly. A doctor needs to evaluate your injuries and advise on the proper treatment. If you delay medical care, you could be putting your health at serious risk. You could also give the insurance company a reason to deny your claim.
- Not considering all liable parties. One of the ways truck accidents differ from car accidents is that there may be more than one liable party. In addition to the truck driver, the trucking company, truck manufacturer and even the owner of the cargo. It’s important to consider all liable parties to maximize your compensation.
- Accepting an early settlement. After a truck accident, the truck driver’s insurance company may try to contact you and offer you an early settlement. While this may sound tempting, your Alpharetta truck accident lawyer would advise against it. Insurance companies are notorious for offering low settlements. The first offer might not be enough to cover your medical expenses and other losses. Allow your lawyer time to work out a more favorable settlement.
- Neglecting to collect evidence. In order to prove negligence in a truck accident case, you have to show sufficient evidence. The more evidence you have, the stronger your case will be. Therefore, try to obtain as much evidence as you can, such as photos of the accident scene, witness statements, medical records and detailed notes about the accident.
- Not following your doctor’s advice. After you see a doctor regarding your truck accident injuries, you will be given a treatment plan. Whether your treatment is physical therapy or bed rest, it’s important to follow it closely. If you neglect to follow your treatment plan or stop it prematurely, you’re putting your health at serious risk. Failing to follow your doctor’s advice can also result in a claim denial. If you don’t agree with your doctor’s treatment advice, you can always seek a second opinion.
- Failing to hire a lawyer. Truck accident cases are even more complex than traditional car accident cases. That’s why it’s essential to have an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side. He or she will hold all the appropriate parties accountable and increase your chances of receiving a fair settlement.
Schedule a consultation with an Alpharetta truck accident lawyer from Hernan Law Firm.